Collection Schedule - Broward County press releaseIf you’re a resident of a city participating in Broward County’s Household Hazardous Waste disposal program, and you have an old TV, computer, keyboard or monitor to dispose of, or batteries, chemicals, paint or aerosol products to properly throw away, mark your calendar! A convenient, environmentally sound way to safely dispose of items containing toxic materials is coming to a neighborhood near you.
Just show proof of residency, such as a photo ID with current address and accompanied by a utility bill, vehicle registration or a trim notice/tax bill, in one of the following cities to dispose of household hazardous waste and used electronics for free: Cooper City, Dania Beach, Deerfield Beach, Hollywood, Lauderdale-By-The-Sea, Lauderdale Lakes, Margate, Parkland, Pembroke Park, Sea Ranch Lakes, Unincorporated Broward, West Park, Weston and Wilton Manors. If you reside in any of these cities, you may drop off items at any of the events below:
See a list of accepted items that residents of participating cities may bring. Events will be held from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. at these dates and locations:
- February 2, Weston, 2599 S. Post Road (Public Works Complex)
- February 9, Wilton Manors, 2100 N. Dixie Hwy. (Municipal Complex)
- February 23, Unincorporated Broward, 2841 N.W. 11 St. (Roosevelt Gardens Park)
- March 2, Deerfield Beach, 200 Goolsby Blvd. (Deerfield Beach Environmental Services)
- March 9, Lauderdale Lakes, 1 block west of State Road 7 and N.W. 36 St. (Parking lot across from Parks & Recreation Sports Complex)
- March 23, Cooper City, 10300 Stirling Road (Sports Complex)
- April 13, Margate, 7055 N.W. First St. (Oriole Park)
- April 27, Hollywood, 2600 Hollywood Blvd. (City Hall)
- May 18, Weston, 2599 S. Post Road (Public Works Complex)
For further information, please call 954-765-4999 or visit Broward.org/Recycling.