This and every holiday season you are bombarded by nonprofits conducting very important work around the world.
People give about 24% of their annual contributions between Thanksgiving and New Years. Check out facts and figures about giving here.
At Trash to Treasure, only about 1/3 of the revenue necessary to keep our doors open comes from the Center's operations. We are dependent on workshops, events, and donations from the public to make up the rest.
So, there is a lot of competition out there with each nonprofit putting its own spin on why you should contribute to them. As an organization organization dedicated to Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle, we would like to share with you what we won't do for you with your donation to our 501 (c) 3 nonprofit:
1. No mailing labels with pleas for money inside. Who mails anything anymore anyway?If you are ready to give, here is a link to do it online or mail a check to:
2. No sad pictures of students or teachers using materials made in China and bought at the store. Too graphic!
3. No paper calendars with monthly reminder to contribute. Computers, Smart phones, anybody?
4. No lengthy thank you letter in the mail. A short email (to save paper and postage) is all our small all-volunteer organization can muster.
5. No repeated pleas about how dependent we are on you for survival. You know who we are, what we do, what you want to do.
6. No fake campaigns about the world falling apart if you don't contribute. The world is falling apart either way.
Trash to Treasure
1350 East Sunrise Blvd., #120
Fort Lauderdale 33304
Or stop by the Center, to drop of check or cold hard cash.
CH19143-A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER AFFAIRS BY CALLING TOLL-FREE (800-435-7352) WITHIN THE STATE. REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL, OR RECOMMENDATION BY THE STATE.