Camp Live Oak is currently hiring for our summer camp program, June 13 – August 19. Please share this information with your friends and colleagues as we would like to fill these positions as soon as possible. We have two locations; one in Ft. Lauderdale and one in N. Miami Beach and each position below is available at both locations. Staff trainings will begin in May, so please email me your resume ASAP if you are interested in any of the following positions:
- Science Teachers
- Must have SCIENCE TEACHING experience with children 5-13
- Part time, hours vary from 24-35 per week
- Lifeguard/Surfing and Paddle Boarding Instructor
- Must be certified as a Lifeguard and have surfing and/or paddle boarding experience
- Head Counselors
- Our counselors are teachers with either elementary or middle school experience.
- Part time, full time and substitute positions available
- Leaders in Training
- Must be 14 or 15 years old. This position earns community service hours in exchange for helping with the camp programs.
- Minimum of 4 week commitment during the summer.
- Small fee is required.
Please visit our website, www.campliveoakfl.com and click on Employment to see the requirements for each position and to learn more about our program. All resumes should be emailed to email@example.com WITH THE NAME OF THE POSITION THAT YOU ARE APPLYING FOR IN THE SUBJECT LINE. If you have any questions about the program or positions, please call Monica McNerney at 954.491.2917.
About Camp Live Oak: Camp Live Oak has been offering award-winning, educational outdoor programs for over 20 years in two local state parks. Children ages 5-13 experience a traditional day camp with exciting activities including archery, canoeing, swimming, surfing, non-competitive sports, paddle boarding, hiking, fishing, arts and crafts, field games, hands-on science, photography, teambuilding, ranger-led programs, expert guest speakers, animal interaction, habitat preservation, beach exploration, field trips, sleepovers and more! In addition to meeting the ideal adult/camper ratio required for American Camp Association accreditation, our staff is comprised of highly qualified certified teachers, specialists, scientists, state guides, ecologists, environmentalists, and water safety instructors. We also adhere to over 300 ACA health, safety and program standards. We have two beautiful camp locations: Birch State Park, 3109 E. Sunrise Blvd., Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33304 and Oleta River State Park, 3400 NE 163rd Street, N, Miami Beach, FL 33160.
Camp Live Oak
1131 NE 45 Street
Oakland Park, FL 33334
Broward: 954.491.2917 / 954.491.2297 (fax)
Dade: 305.940.4748 / 305.940.9908 (fax)